workshops / events
Group 1 Advocacy: 2:30-5:30 How do you make your voice heard? How do you advance the strategy and aims of Birth Forward with governmental institutions? How do you inform and educate
Group 1 Advocacy: 2:30-5:30
How do you make your voice heard? How do you advance the strategy and aims of Birth Forward with governmental institutions? How do you inform and educate society, rendering citizens, bearers of your Organisation’s goals? What are ethical, legal, and credible tools to use to make decision makers listen?
All the above will be touched upon in a three-hour seminar, during which, we will introduce basic advocacy concepts and methods of engaging in effective, credible advocacy campaigns. We will explore the benefits of advocacy, links/differences with the notion of lobbying, as well as the risks involved, through best practices in the field.
Facilitator: Katerina Yennari is an expert on advocacy who has extensive experience and knowledge on the subject having worked with and within governmental institutions as well as NGOs for many years.
Group 2 Communication: : 2:30-4:00
Are you new to the organisation? Participating in the Family Fun Run and want to learn how to speak about the organisation and it’s work to fundraise?
In this 1 h practical session you will:
* Learn knowledge about Birth forward, its vision and function.
* See how you can contribute with your interest, knowledge and skill set
* Learn practical skills of how to explain our vision to different types of people and organisations.
* Get to meet and work with like minded volunteers.
* Become part of an incredible team of dedicated, passionate, professional volunteers
Participation is free for members and participants of the Family Fun Run or BBF study. 15 € for non members. Registration to email@example.com
BABY and childfriendly space!
Childcare will be provided if registered in advance. Include in your registration the age of your child/children.
The Children's Network will be joining us for an interactive Workshop with parents to discuss the important issue of Stranger Danger. The Children's Network will be giving advice, tips and
The Children’s Network will be joining us for an interactive Workshop with parents to discuss the important issue of Stranger Danger. The Children’s Network will be giving advice, tips and leading a discussion on how we can keep our children safe in day to day life and how we can teach our children to keep themselves safe.
The program of the workshop is as follows:
1. What is Stranger Danger?
2. The concept of strangers for children/concept of danger
3. Understand why children trust strangers
4. Teaching children stranger danger tips
5. What should children do if they feel frightened by a stranger?
6. Keeping children safe in day to day life.
7. Making stranger danger fun not frightening.
8. Question and Answer session.
The fee for attendance is 10 euros per person.
Due to limited spaces available for this workshop, the attendance fee must be received by Kidsperience Preschool by 1st March 2019 in order for your place to be guaranteed.